Frequently ask Questions...
How far from Freeland Lodge…?
1) The airport: 15 minute drive.
Request a pre-booked airport shuttle with a reliable company at a competitive price. (R200/trip in 2014)
2) Groote Schuur Hospital: 10 minute walk
3) Red Cross War Memorial Hospital: 10 minute drive. Allow more time when using public transport.
4) Eerste Rivier Hospital: 25 minute by car, hour by public transport
5) Waverley Park, Mowbray: 7 minute walk
6) Train station: 2 minute walk
7) Cape Town City Center: 7km, 10 minute drive, 15 minute by train.
8) UCT: 2.5 km. There is a free Jammie shuttle from UCT Medical School, 10 minute walk.
What do I need to bring:
Pack your personal effects. Layers are advised to allow for changes in temperature. Optional: beach towel or
sarong. Kitchenware, bedding, towels are provided. Grocery stores are conveniently nearby.
Is there parking?
There is off-street parking in front of the houses should you choose to rent a car. Contact us for a list of car
rental companies if required.
What address should I use to receive mail?
Courier service: physical address.
Eg. 6 Herschel Road, Observatory, 7925, South Africa. Cell: +27 82 4554464 (David)
Secure mail: Your name, c/o David Kriel, P.O. Box 13074 Mowbray, 7705, South Africa.
Collected mail will be delivered to your room.
CLICK ON THE HOUSES TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EACH ONE